We are in the middle of one of our favorite seasons-wedding season! This time of year is full of so much creativity, and the girls here at MAK love being a part of such a special event for our clients. I think it's important that our brides feel comfortable, relaxed and well cared for during their time with our team. In order to accomplish that, here's a few suggestions for any future brides who are looking to get the most out of their wedding day!
1. We recommend booking your wedding appointments at least 4-6 months prior to your big day. Southwest Michigan is absolutely breathtaking and we are proud to be a part of this busy wedding destination. We book up fast for this season (May-October) and we will do our best to accommodate your requests.
2. Always book a trial updo and makeup appointment. For this appointment we recommend bringing your jewelry, veil, any hair extensions, and any hair accessories (flowers, gems, tiaras). We love inspiration pictures too! If you have any allergies to makeup or hair products, this is also the time to discuss your options.
3. Book your manicure and/or pedicure for the day before. When you call to make your nail appointment, please let us know if you plan on doing French tips or adding any nail art. Our skilled technicians want to plan enough time to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your services.
4. Prepare your bridal party by sending them an email with their hair and makeup appointment times. The morning can be a little hectic for everyone so we always recommend your bridesmaids show up 15-20 minutes prior to any service they have booked with us. This way they can enjoy a mimosa or tea and we can guarantee that everyone is on schedule and out the door on time. We also request that they arrive with their hair freshly washed and blow dried.
5. Be open with our team about your expectations, needs and any special requests. We are here to make you feel your absolute best and communication is key. The details are what matters-whether you need us to pick up hair extensions, add fake lashes, have lunch delivered or have a massage therapist on site for your girls...we can do it all! Don't hesitate to ask because we are more than happy to go above and beyond for our clients here at MAK. Our salon manager, Michelle, can be reached at email@example.com and she will help you arrange all of these important details.
And remember...relax, take a deep breath and enjoy your day! We've got all the beauty details handled. ;)